Friday, 20 August 2010

THE START OF THE FESTIVAL OF QUILTS OUTING!!!

Yesterday we went to Birmingham NEC to a show called The Festival of Quilts. I bought the ticket for Mum for Mother's Day, so she had a bit of a wait until her present finally arrived!! But, I have to say looking at the above picture I think she was definitely in her element!! I have never seen Mum with such a HUGE smile on her face after she had finished playing with the long arm!!! I just wish I had the money to buy you one!!

Some free-hand feather's going on here!! All Mum needed was a bit of Robbie singing in the background and am sure she would have used all that fabric up!!!

Look who else had a go on it!!! Reb was having a whale of a time, she was whizzing all over the fabric, straight over Nana's feathers!!! That girl stops for no-one!!! Go Reb!!
Oh No!! I know that look!! She wants one!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

After all that sewing and walking around, it was a nice quiet journey home!! Mum read the paper, Reb had my MP3 on and I gazed out the window!! Brilliant day out and plenty of goodies to show you........................but, that will be next time!!!!!
Happy belated Mother's Day Mum!!xxx
:-)))))))))))))))

5 comments:

  1. how cool is that? while you are buying long arm machines, get me one too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all had a great day. Lovely to meet you at last, and Mr Scrappy is happy in his new home, much loved, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to meet you all again :o) I've sent my photos to your mum that I took of Reb :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonya, if i could i would buy you one!!xx

    Maggi, lovely to meet you too, and glad Mr Scrappy has got a nice new home!xx

    Angela, lovely to meet you again! Am working on your owl too!! Will look forward to seeing the piccies, thanks!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Net

    Sounds like the FOQ was a great day out. I did not manage to go this year. How awful about the quilt it is hard to believe that someone would actually take a quilt. I hope it is returned to its rightful owner. Love the goodies you bought. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thanks for looking round, see you soon!