Monday, 27 August 2012

Holiday Outings!!!

Well, here I am going to give this blog a try for a while. 

It's been a bit of a hectic month so far, have managed to go to lots of places this school holiday, spend lots of money and taken some great pictures with my camera!

First off we went to Wales for a few days to meet Clint's Mum and Stepdad.  Definitely picked the right week for that one as the sun shone all the time we were there.  Stopped off in Monmouth first to break up the journey, fell in love with the place and have decided to retire there!!  Plus it has a fabric shop which could become very handy!!!









Next trip out was Birmingham to The Festival of Quilts at the NEC.  I was lucky enough to go for two days again, Friday was spent mainly taking pictures, but of course as soon as I hit the stalls I got a little distracted, hee hee!!! Saturday was a few more pictures, miniatures this time as I always seem to forget them, a few more purchases then round to the Popular Patchwork stall to do a special video of a certain lady!  This is the link to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=971VAR6tUy0

Fab video isn't it!!  Love that camera of mine! :-)

These are the little goodies that came home with me, not too sure what I shall do with them but for the time being they are snuggled nicely with all the others in my stash!!

 
 
 

Had my hands stamped not once but several times!!!  Hahahaha!!

Oooooh!!!  And I managed to get my Kaffe Fassett book signed, happy days!!  One day I shall make my Kaffe quilt, think I have enough fabrics to do it now, just don't seem to make any progress with it!

The next outing was to Skegness for the day with Mum and Dad, we went several times when Reb was a baby, so it was nice to go again this year as it has been a while since we went.  Took us a while to get there as roads were closed and got lost a few times, all good fun though!  Finally got to the beach and looked out and was gutted, they have built a huge windfarm out to sea which kind of ruined the view for me, as when I look out I like to see the sea and nothing else, but never mind, we all had a good time and again some good piccies!




 

 Can you see the windfarm in the distance in the picture above??

Our next outing was to London for the day, we went to try and get into Buckingham Palace again to make use of our tickets from last year, however, unfortunately it wasn't to be, as they were sold out.  Poor Reb was a bit upset but as I said to her at least we saw 'The Dress' last year and around the palace, so this would just have been a bit of a bonus!  Anway, we took her to the shop and got a few bits for her, so all was okay in the end!





Our next mission was to find the Bomber Command Memorial for Clint, a few wrong turns and we found it, and I have to say if you go to London you must see it as it is beautiful, head towards Wellington Arch and it will be at the top of Green Park on the right.  A few photos later and we headed off for a spot of lunch.









 
 

We were lucky enough to see The Coldstream Guards having their photograph taken and managed a look in their Chapel.



Also had to have a picture taken by a little tank, hee hee!!  Can just imagine using it to bring my shopping home in!




Then we headed off to Trafalgar Square, lots happening and buzzing with people. Lord Nelson looked amazing, all I can say is thank god for the zoom feature!! LOL!! The headless couple made me laugh so much am surprised the picture turned out as well as it did!! Teddy had to do a spot of sunbathing!!  (Looking at the picture of the bear, wonder if you can guess what we called him?????)








Lastly to Leicester Square for dinner, Bella Italia, as is always the tradition when we go, and to make it even better they sat us in the same table as last year, lovely food with a nice bottle of wine, jubblies!!  Reb saw Olympic medals hanging in the trees so this is where the photos will finish!!  Hope you all enjoyed our trips, we certainly did.  Now it's time to make a start on saving for next year's outings!!!



Enjoy the rest of your day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Photos NN. Looks like you had a good time. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for those lovely pictures. Its like going on a small vacation. Lol. Birmingham is the only place I been and that only between the airport and the NEC. lol.
    Im going to change that in October.
    Thanks again for the video clip. It was great. almost like being there.

    glad you had a great time on vacation.
    hugs Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures except the ones of me, groan, look at those pins..OMG...no actually don't bother.
    The Bomber Command Memorial looks great, bout time they did it. Rest of London piks are good too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thanks for looking round, see you soon!